1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC : "How knowledge mapping can help identify required actions to align with ISO standards for Knowledge Management."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION :
The knowledge mapping exercise helps identify where there are gaps in managing an organization's knowledge. Mapping can be done at various levels, at the department, division and country level.
By understanding where the gaps are, the research can help identify KM aspects (generation, storage, learning, sharing and dissemination, and measurement) that need to be strengthened.
This mapping exercise will also contribute to monitoring the implementation of the Knowledge Action Plan (2019-2023) beginning next year.
However, it is not sufficient to improve these KM aspects but to understand how they can be brought to be at par with international standards.
Based on the soon-to-be approved ISO Standards for KM (to be released in Q4 2018), research can be done using the mapping results to propose recommendations on how to align ADB's KM practices with the best in the field.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT :
ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION : ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES :
iv) Optimizing KM and (v) Innovate. Understanding measures that are needed in line with ISO standards for KM can help ADB progress in its KM efforts from Level 2 to Level 3 where KM common processes and approaches are standardized to support operations, and where KM work is not done on an ad hoc basis.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS :
economic fields, and other related fields.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS :
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS :
Upload the following documents in the Attachments section of your application :
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
ESSAY QUESTIONS :
1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).