1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC : "Papua New Guinea's development context and ADB's country strategy in PNG."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION :
The intern will work with the ADB PNG Country Economist to review and assess PNG's development vision and plans, along with ADB's own Country Partnership strategy for PNG, which is due for renewal.
PNG's development plans include the forthcoming Medium Term Development Plan 3; The Development Strategic Plan 2010-2030, and Vision 2050.
Until 2015, PNG experienced a long period of rapid growth, driven mostly by the resource sector. However, the global commodity price downturn in 2012 and 2014, caused a significant shock to the PNG economy, resulting in lower growth thereafter.
The challenge for PNG is how to make growth more inclusive, more diversified and less subject to commodity and investment cycles.
The Intern will assist the ADB Country Economist to review ADB's existing operations in PNG and will also conduct detailed economic and social research and analysis to help inform ADB's new country partnership strategy in PNG.
The intern may also assist ADB's Papua New Guinea's Resident Mission (PNRM) on other matters, including wider economic research themes, such as fiscal analysis and resource sector analysis.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT :
ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION : ADB Resident Mission, Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES :
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS :
The intern should have a degree in Development Studies or Development Economics. Master's or PhD level candidates are also required.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS :
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS :
Upload the following documents in the Attachments section of your application :
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
ESSAY QUESTIONS :
1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).