Balsam International is looking for a Content Writer to communicate daily with our Manila and US-based teams and play a key role in the development of our projects. You will be responsible for writing content for our eCommerce websites.
What you'll be doing:
- Work closely with the Content Team and other cross-functional teams to carry out initiatives including content creation and marketing campaigns
- Write product descriptions, blog posts, promotional copy, and other content to support E-commerce and Marketing needs
- Write SEO-optimized copy, blog posts, and other articles according to the company’s branding and style guides
- Pitch topics for editorial blog calendars and marketing campaigns
- Participate or lead brainstorming sessions to determine themes and ideas for editorial calendar and other content initiatives including marketing campaigns
- Provide support for cross-functional teams (Social Media, Reputation Management, SEO, etc.)
What you bring to the table:
- Excellent command of the English language, with high level of American English reading, writing, and speaking skills
- Minimum 2 years of writing experience (either print or online)
- Passion for writing and ability to write engaging and informative copy on various subjects
- Experience in a variety of writing formats (long-form, blog posts, social, etc.)
- Must be proficient in basic MS Office applications and comfortable performing online research as required
- Outstanding organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Proactive, efficient, quick to learn, and has a strong work ethic
- Experience working in an advertising or digital marketing agency and writing ad copy
- Must live within Metro Manila only
- Must be willing to join occasional in-person meetings
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- Operating System: Windows 10 - 64 bit
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For Mac users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i5
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a backup laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 5MBPS.
- Must have a backup internet connection of the same speed, if the primary connection becomes spotty.
- Must have licensed MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) including Outlook.
Nice to Have:
- A bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, or Communications is a plus
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Content Writer is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 5MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.