1 - First ShiftThe Area Manager Intern helps manage all activities of assigned area, including safety, quality and lean manufacturing principles to ensure on-time delivery that meets customer expectations.
This position is responsible for measuring all critical business aspects related to the assigned area and clearly communicating information to the proper personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1.Demonstrate the Vermeer characteristics of caring culture, demonstrating agility, customer focus, and stewardship, and model the associated behaviors.
2. Help manage assigned personnel in performance of their duties including training and scheduling work activities. Monitor individual and team goals which are aligned with the Organization’s business strategies and objectives.
3. Assist the Area Manager in all aspects of assigned area including, but not limited to, projects, production, costs, scheduling, shipping, receiving and quality.
Help ensure on-time delivery of the product, within budget, and meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
4. Assist in solving all vendor, supplier and customer issues concerning quality and delivery.
5. Help implement lean manufacturing principles and continuous improvement projects to improve cost, quality and safety standards for assigned area.
6. Ensure safety of assigned area through proper communication, training and walk-throughs of assigned area.
Education and / or Experience
Other Skills and Abilities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact Team Member Solutions in human resources at (641) 621-8767 or at .