12 - Hr Weekend ShiftThe Paint Process Engineer Intern helps develop, maintain, and improve the integrity of all painting processes to ensure safety, quality, delivery, manufacturing flexibility, and operating costs are continually improved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Demonstrate the Vermeer characteristics of caring culture, demonstrating agility, customer focused, and stewardship and model the associated behaviors.
2. Assist manufacturing operations and new product engineering on product launches to ensure safety, ergonomic, compliance, paint quality, durability, and performance expectations are achieved.
3. Supports multiple projects in various phases, simultaneously. Applies sound project management and engineering principles.
Help with project schedules, expenses, capital plans, and other resources assigned to complete the project on-time and within budget.
4. Help investigate new technologies and process design changes that improve coating performance and production efficiency, enhancing safety and reducing environmental hazards while maintaining Federal and International requirements.
Utilize research, appropriate controls, actions taken, and lessons learned to achieve higher product quality, meet delivery expectations and improve capability of new and existing processes.
5. Apply diversified knowledge of materials, paint chemistry and processing windows to support product launches and warranty reduction activities as they relate to coated parts.
Education and / or Experience
Other Skills and Abilities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact Team Member Solutions in human resources at (641) 621-8767 or at .