You'll be joining an independent team of experts providing technical and regulatory assistance and advice to our global client services, sales and implementation teams.
You're focus will be in 3 key areas;
- Technical advisory, providing accounting and Private Equity and/or Real Estate industry advise on regulatory related queries and technical support to the sales and implementation teams.
- Technical reviews, providing technical quality reviews on financials, key accounting policies and other complex deliverables.
- Technical updates, monitoring the latest accounting, industry and regulatory updates. Issuing technical alerts to our internal teams and clients. Delivering technical presentations and other specific training modules.
You'll contribute to the strategic and operational development of our business ensuring operational procedures are up to date, technical training is delivered and controls are in place.
As an expert you'll be responsible for researching and interpreting complex structures and related accounting literature including internal and external resources.
You'll need to be a strong and effective communicator when advising on technical information and suggesting practical approaches to resolve accounting, systems and reporting issues.
You'll review files prepared by the client service team to ensure working papers, financial statements and other client deliverables such as carry models and other complex assignments are complete.
Another of your responsibilities will be to co-ordinate the collection of technical and operational knowledge across the Group, maintaining an in-house library of technical journals, articles and documentation relating to accounting issues. Also you will need to develop an awareness of relevant changes to industry practices affecting Private Equity and property fund operations (accounting, regulatory).
Together we find solutions and make things happen but to do this we want you to contribute; looking for ways to help us get better at what we do in the most efficient and effective way.
Your long-term career goals are important to us too. We want to make sure we’re providing the support and opportunities you need to achieve your dreams so we can build a successful future, together.
- Qualified Accountant minimum 2 years post qualified, preferably with audit experience
- Strong communication and Excel skills
- Experience in IFRS / UK GAAP
- Experience of providing services to clients and teams
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and interpersonal skills
- Keen to undertake technical research
- Comfortable communicating with Senior Management
- ‘Can-do’ attitude, ability to cope with tight deadlines and working under pressure
- Knowledge of the Private Equity industry (desirable)
- Exposure to multiple GAAP environments (desirable)
- Advanced Excel skills such as complex formulas, pivot tables and data manipulation (desirable)
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.