Job Summary :
Has the ability to handle multiple tasks when necessary and as directed by the supervisor.
Job Duties and Responsibilities :
1. Compiles and sorts checks
2. Sorts checks for delivery to the bank.
3. Files and tallies deposits.
4. Input type vouchers, checks, account statements, reports and other records.
5. Researches, tracks and resolves accounting problems.
6. Maintains files including filing of loan vouchers, cash disbursement vouchers and cash receipt books
7. Maintains regular contact with other departments to obtain and convey information and / or to correct transactions.
8. Keeps the management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
9. Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files and reconciling accounts.
10. Prepares financial statements.
Skills and Qualifications :
1. The candidate must possess a degree in Accountancy, Business Studies / Administration / Management, Marketing, Finance or equivalent.
2. Working experience within a complex financial services organization is an advantage but not a requirement.
3. He / she must have knowledge in processes such as general accounting, bank reconciliation and financial reporting.
4. He / she must have a thorough understanding of best practice accounting.
5. He / she must be proficient in computer applications.
6. He / she must be persuasive with details and facts.
7. He / she must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
8. He / she must be professional and works with the highest degree of integrity.