JD : 1. Leads project teams in developing more difficult or larger projects such as a major outsourcing contact or the acquisition and integration of another organization’s IT division.
2. Controls system design and project planning activities related to large software system development.
3. Controls project schedules so that software programs are completed on time, tested, and released within the required quality standards.
4. Establishes, manages and reports on the project budget, analyses budget variances and recommends appropriate action.
5. Controls Quality Assurance methodology to ensure that software packages meet the required standards.
6. Evaluates and recommends new software development tools and project control systems.
7. Manages the project integration activities (includes outsourced Contractor / Consultant work) and systems integration.
8. Performs tests to ensure a quality product is delivered.
9. Manages the profit centre, establishes project profitability and manages all projects to achieve profitability.
10. Provides input to Information Technology strategies and policies.
11. Performs all other related duties that may be assigned from time to time