As an Assistant Banquet Service Manager, you are responsible for planning and organizing banquet operations and for the smoothness of service of all banquets and functions held at the hotel as well as supervising and training banquet personnel so as to provide courteous and efficient service.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
Smart luxury is at the core of everything Conrad Hotels & Resorts does. We offer our guests one-of-a-kind experiences, service that's intuitive and connections to people and places near or far.
We're the destination of a new generation of global travelers for whom life, business, and pleasure seamlessly intersect.
People who know that the greatest luxury is the luxury of being yourself.
If you understand what it's like to juggle life, business, and pleasure and know how to bring a sense of luxury to that type of travel experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Conrad Hotels & Resorts.
Because it's with Conrad Hotels & Resorts where we promise our Guests the luxury of just being themselves.
What will I be doing?
An Assistant Banquet Service Manager serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members.
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow :
1. To oversee the complete service of food functions taking place in the banquet areas.
2. To be punctual, efficient and above all, courteous. Assumes at all times, a pleasing and helpful attitude towards all guests and fellow employees.
3. To strive to give excellent service. To watch for arriving guests, making a point to greet them in a friendly manner. To always relay customers' comments or instructions regardless of how small they may seem to the Banquet Service Manager.
4. To check and assure that no equipment is used for any purpose for which it is not intended either by house rule or custom.
5. To inform the team member of the menus of each function as well as specific setup required and make sure that they are performed as prescribed.
6. To implement last minute changes as dictated by the Banquet Service Manager.
7. To setup and coordinate all the details for each individual function as prescribed and outlined by the Banquet Service Manager.
8. To ensure that the function rooms are properly prepared at least one hour before the required time and that all team members are ready.
9. To control the setup and dismantling of all banquet rooms.
10. To supervise the tidiness and cleanliness of the banquet storerooms and all the function rooms.
11. To work very closely with the Banquet Service Manager and to carry out the daily duties which are given by the Banquet Service Manager.
12. To hold regular meetings with banquet team member to discuss various aspects of service and complaints.
13. To check weekly function forecasts with Banquet office and to prepare staffing and equipment required.
14. To draw floor plans and table arrangement for functions according to the event order.
15. To carry out any other duties as and when required by Banquet Service Manager.
OTHER CONSIDERATIONS :
1. To establish training programme for Banquet employees.
2. To handle booking for all casual labour and prepare requisition for casual labour.
3. To interview employees for periodic performance evaluation.
4. To compile log book for Manager's notification and note possible comments for rectification.
5. To take over Banquet Service Manager duties in his absence.
6. To have knowledge of costing.
7. To have knowledge of all types of function setup.