ZigZag is looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Backend/Python) to join our team!
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be a core contributor to our AI data solutions platform. You should be someone who lives and breathes high performance APIs, tools, and data-heavy operations, and you might even dabble in infrastructure. You get excited at the prospect of solving complex problems, making architectural decisions, and driving high standards. You have a “you build it, you run it” attitude. So do we.
Why is this role exciting?
● You’ll take part in advancing the state of humanity by enabling better AI.
● You will build solutions for some of the largest and most progressive companies in the world.
● You will work in an international environment with a lot of cultural diversity.
● Write and refactor production quality code for new and existing products
● Fully embrace test-driven development
● Participate in code reviews every day
● Participate in product requirement and design reviews
● Convert business requirements into technical specifications, architectural designs, and ultimately code
● Write and maintain documentation
● Educate, mentor, and empower your team members
● Encourage an inclusive and open environment that makes space for diverse viewpoints and working styles
● Ensure the highest level of technical quality, security, scalability, and stability in all products and teams that you are part of
● 5+ years and current fluency in building tools, APIs, and applications with Ruby, Python,
Java, or comparable modern languages and frameworks
● 2+ years test-driven development with current fluency in at least one test framework (pytest preferred)
● 2+ years NoSQL (MongoDB preferred)
● 2+ years relational databases (PostgreSQL preferred)
● Experience with and understanding of the complete SDLC
● Understanding and experience with CI and CD tech and workflows
● Ability to work both independently and as part of a team including other Developers, QA Engineers, Product Managers, Designers, and Stakeholders
● Highly detail-oriented
● Good verbal and written English communication skill
Nice to Have
● Docker experience
● Kubernetes experience
● Experience maintaining live applications at scale in a production environment
● Interest in AI and ML
● At least two years of experience with the development team of one software product
Powered by JazzHR