The Chief Data Officer is responsible for the data architecture, data governance, analytics, data quality, and data
strategy across the entire organization. This person is accountable for leading, managing, training, and motivating the
data governance, data engineering, reporting, analytics and data strategy teams. He / she is expected to connect said
teams to work on shared business outcomes that are aligned to the overall bank strategy.
This position serves as the overall point-person for data and works with senior leaders to align on overall data roadmap.
This person is in charge of resourcing and funding for data, planning and managing the initiatives of his / her teams and
ensuring the organization evolves to being a data driven organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Recruits, develops, and manages team members across all teams under his / her wing.
2. Ensures each team member has the requisite skills and competencies to excel in the position, is constantly learning, is
motivated, and has clear understanding of career path.
3. Connects the dots across the various initiatives in data governance, reporting, engineering, analytics, and strategy to
ensure synergies are created and duplication / conflicts are eliminated.
prioritization of most important data, working with the BUs, analytics teams, etc.
5. Oversees the collection, processing, and prioritization of data-driven business requirements coming from business & IT
6. Oversees the governance team in definition and management of policies, standards, and rules around the management
of data; ensures business-oriented management of data quality, including monitoring and reporting of data quality as well
as data cleansing and root cause analysis
7. Works with teams to ensure data dictionary (business and technical metadata) is managed along with conceptual and
logical data models
8. Works with technology to define and constantly refine target state data platform architecture along w tools and
processes to enable data flow and processing
9. Oversees the management of methodologies and protocols / procedures around reporting and advanced analytics,
including the design and deployment of analytics and AI use cases working with the Bus
Competencies (Knowledge, Skill, Ability)
business and technical.