1. Responsible for calling or interviewing a person who was exposed or tested positive for COVID-19 infection to identify, notify, assess and monitor anyone who came in close contact with them while they were infectious and to identify contacts who may have been infected through close contact to prevent onward transmission.
Initiate prompts communication with cases or contacts through text, phone calls, email and other communication platform as necessary.
2. Provide guidance on recommended infection prevention and control practices at a home or non-home residential setting
3. Employ dynamic communication and interpersonal skills, cultural competency / sensitivity, tactful language and empathic
interviewing skills to build rapport and maintain trust with patients of varied background and status in life.
4. Verify the contact’s identity during initial communications and prior to disclosing confidential information. Assure confidentiality and carry out efforts to locate and communicate with cases or contacts in a manner that preserves the confidentiality and privacy of all involved individuals.
5. Obtain and document relevant information, including contact demographics, underlying medical conditions, and other risk factors of all involved individuals.
6. Provide approved information and guidance on isolation and quarantine procedures and what to do if symptoms develop. Follow a set script to inform cases and contacts about the importance of isolation or quarantine guidelines.
Coordinate referrals for testing, healthcare and other supportive services, as needed, per local protocols or school guidelines.
7. Assess cases or contact’s ability to safely and effectively isolate or quarantine at home or campus, with adequate water, food and other necessities.
Identify barriers to necessary interventions and facilitate appropriate referrals, per local protocols.