At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills.
Follow a path that lets your talents shine.
Job Description :
The position is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of Reinstatement applications and different Minor Policy & Plan Change requests.
It is responsible also in providing the other requirements and reinstatement costs accurately to advisors / clients.
It is also responsible in processing and providing requirements of all Title Change requests according to established policies and guidelines.
SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES :
1. Administers reinstatement requests for Traditional, Pre-need & Variable Universal Life; checks validity / completeness of applications based on Company standards and guidelines.
a) Appraises Simplified Reinstatement Offer form based on guidelines and renders decision.
b) Refers Personal Certificate of Insurabilityto underwriter for appraisal. Ensures that other related data in the Systems have been checked, date of payment, current age, face amount, etc) before forwarding file to underwriting.
c) Adjusts INGENIUM / PRISM records based on underwriters decision and ensures careful analysis of results is done for every entry made into the Systems before proceeding to complete or close the transaction and reports immediately any form of discrepancy or non-conformance to the business specs to the Superior.
Generates Approval Letter through INGENIUM / Letter Generation Systemafter reinstatement adjustment.
2. Checks Outstanding Disbursement Reportand analyzes / reviews payment credited to the policy’s / plan’s suspense account.
If for reinstatement, requires agent / client to submit routine requirements to facilitate reinstatement of policies. If misposting of payment, refer to concerned unit for clearing.
If overpayment or dividends, proceed to refund the amount by generating Disbursement Requestand covering letter for Supervisor’s / Manager's approval.
3. Receives bounced cheque and generates requirement letter, provides deadline and mails letter directly to client together with the cheque.
4. Adjusts the Persistency Ratio of qualified agents based on company guidelines and procedures.
5. Administers the following policy change / plan amendment applications for Traditional, Pre-need & Variable Universal Lifeand checks validity / completeness of requests based on Company standards and guidelines :
a) Lost Policy Memorandum
b) Change of Non-forfeiture Option
c) Change of birth date / sex code without change in premium
6. Ensures that reinstatement costs / policy change arrearsand basic requirements quoted to agent / agent’s secretary / client either through telephone, SMS, e-mail or letter is accurate.
7. Notifies agent through SMS and e-mail and sends letter directly to client about invalid / incomplete requirements submitted and request for newly set or additional requirements to be able to administer the requested change in the policy / plan.
Processes complete / valid requests in INGENIUM / PRISM and ensuring service levels are met.
8. Generates Disbursement Requisitionand covering letter for refunds of Paid-up proceeds, overpayment of premium due to change or policy / plan has been lapsed / cancelled, dividends for lapsed / cancelled policy / plan, and reinstatement deposit due to non-submission of requirements or view underwriter’s decision to decline / postpone the request.
9. Handles, reviews and resolves inquiries falling within one’s level of authority either through CRM, telephone, e-mail, counter and correspondence in a timely, accurate, professional and courteous manner.
10. Prepares daily and monthly statistical reports as requested by Superior.
11. Requests / follows up Record Section for the previous files requested.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED :
Graduate of a 4-year course, preferably graduate of business-related course.
At least 1 year of experience in Life / VUL / Pre-need insurance.
Knowledge of existing processes / procedures, business practices and workflows; Knowledge in Ingenium, Prism, AHDM, POLH, CAS, CRM LGS, Policy & Plan Change worksheets, templates and other Windows applications.
Job Category :
Customer Service / Operations
Posting End Date :