The PS Consultant – Financial Planning will be responsible for working directly with customers to document and validate their business requirements in budgeting, forecasting and reporting, and map them to NetSuite functionality. In addition, the Consultant will work with the customer to configure/customize NetSuite application, specifically the financial planning system, to meet their business requirements. He/She will be required to conduct sessions with the customer over the phone or in-person, attend project meetings and provide status on progress of activities and deliverables. Finally, the Consultant will provide customers with as needed consulting and general assistance and be a 'go-to' resource for specific functional areas. He/She will be expected to contribute to the solutions repository/best practices and knowledge share activities at NetSuite
• Generally receives guidance and direction from other project resources (Senior Consultant, Consulting Technical Manager, Project Manager), and Manager
• Ability to engage in the Sales process with some guidance from Management
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Ability to establish credibility and rapport with internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to work within project teams, and collaborate cross-departmentally
• Ability to communicate effectively with functional and technical resources
EDUCATION / WORK EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting or Management Information Systems
• 4+ years in application systems consulting or administration
• Mastery of Microsoft Office Products
• Consulting or system administration experience in financial planning or EPM software, including Oracle EPM (Essbase, Hyperion or PBCS), Cognos, SAP BPC or other similar systems
• Experience with Oracle PBCS is a significant plus
• Financial planning & analysis or corporate finance experience highly desirable
• Certified Hyperion or Essbase professional preferred
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
An experienced consulting professional who has an understanding of solutions, industry best practices, multiple business processes or technology designs within a product/technology family. Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices.
Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices. Demonstrates expertise to deliver functional and technical solutions on moderately complex customer engagements. May act as the team lead on projects. Effectively consults with management of customer organizations. Participates in business development activities. Develops and configures detailed solutions for moderately complex projects.
5-7 years of experience relevant to this position including 2 years consulting experience preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed.