Job Purpose :
Manage the lifecycle of all Problems from first identification, through investigation, documentation, eventual removal and reporting.
Key focuses being the prevention of incidents and problems from occurring, elimination of recurring incidents, and minimizing the impact of incidents when they cannot be prevented.
1. Manage the Problem Management Service Delivery to the customer at a high level of professional services incorporating responsibility, accountability, integrity and quality assurance at all times.
2. Coordinate Operational Groups to drive the investigations of Problems and implementation of solutions to Customers satisfaction and sign off.
3. Identify, Raise, Investigate and Manage Problem cases opened as result of Incident Trend Analysis, Operational Groups input and Severity One Incidents, through to resolution of Root Cause.
4. Collect data on current investigations of Problems with a range of Service Desk Management tools.
5. Keep customers, stakeholders and related parties up-to-date in Problem life cycle.
6. Liaise with Technical Team Leaders to achieve the resolution of a problem which meets customers’ requirements.
7. Facilitating and lead weekly and monthly Problem Management meetings with the Customer and Operational groups.
8. Ensure all proposed solutions are reviewed, authorized by the Customer and Service Delivery manager and updated on the Problem Management system which.
9. Produce high standard Weekly, Monthly and Adhoc Problem Management Reports for the Customer which includes statistical charts, tables, trend analysis and articulation.
10. Maintain the Problem Management ITIL Processes.
11. Advising Incident Management staff on the best available workarounds for Incidents related to Unresolved Problems / Known Errors.