Overall purpose, duties and responsibilities of the role :
1) Understanding the flow of code and how it interacts with different components.
2) Setting up, maintaining and performing test automation frameworks on multiple application platforms such as mobile, desktop and web applications and building test scenarios and acceptance test
3) Investigating customer problems referred to you by technical support team, testing bugs, creating and managing bug reports.
4) Working with development teams, resolving issues for all systems.
5) Researching the test tools, methodologies, trends and upgrading existing practices and processes.
Key Performance Indicators :
1. High software service level agreements of inhouse applications are met.
2. Inhouse software must have minimal defects and defects must be resolved quickly.
3. Improvement in the skillset of the development team.
Software projects are delivered on time while satisfying business requirements and strategies.
Essential Skills / Qualifications :
1. 3-5 years hands on experience in building and executing automated software testing
2. Ability to recognize risks and errors in an application
3. Able to execute load testing and performance testing
4. Experience in DevOps.
5. Tools and technology used : Selenium and / or Robo frameworks, Jmeter, Jenkins, VAPT
6. Familiarity of scrum framework