Bring your career aspirations to life with AIA!
Responsible in leading the accounting controls function which include assessment reviews, management of audits and reporting of internal controls over key processes and document controls.
1. Serves as key contact of Philam Group Finance team for the required Financial Statements and Reporting Certification supporting the quarterly HK IFRS FS Close
2. Lead reviews of bank and balance sheet reconciliation statements of GL and SL balances of Philam Group accounts for any financial statement exposure.
Reviews the same for compliance with the Regional Policies, and reports exceptions to account owners for rectification.
3. Monitors the level of Philam Group suspense accounts in terms of balance and aging of open items and communicates or highlights to Management root cause and needed actions to resolve these including financial impact.
4. Partners with controls and process owners in identifying root cause of unusual movements and long outstanding / uncleared items in suspense accounts and control issues raised through various channels such as internal audits, external audits and risk incidents.
5. Monitors rejected items and coordinates action steps to clear rejected entries for Philam Group.
6. Prepares control reports (exposure assessment from GL vs SL reconciliation of all accounts and suspense monitoring report) and highlights results to Lead.
7. Serves as key contact of Group Finance, PWC, and local process owners in coordinating the required annual ICFR independent testing program designed by Group Finance, which include detailed scope, timeline, and testing approach.
Assessment review and reporting of internal controls over key processes
8. Reviews / validates adequacy and effectiveness of controls over financial reporting through validation of key process owners’ self-assessments (Financial Controls Self-Assessment or FCSA Checklist).
9. Performs post-audits of key processes / transactions and BSR assessments (based on prioritization set every year)
10. Facilitates and leads completion of annual testing of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting Process including review of reasonableness of any identified audit findings including assessment of financial impact, if any.
11. Assists in the implementation of department’s systems / process enhancements by reviewing soundness of accounting treatment.
12. Identify process that needs enhancements and or automation to further strengthen existing controls.
13. Performs other responsibilities and duties periodically assigned by supervisor in order to meet operational and / or other requirements.
Minimum Job Requirements :
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live healthier, longer, better lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application.
You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.