Job Description :
Job Purpose : This post will be responsible for supporting the Team Manager in delivering value to Shell through operating and innovating world-class Accounts Payable RTP process.
Financial dimension : Invoice value of approx. $8bln per year
Business dimension : approx. 70,000 to 300,000 invoices per year
spanning at least 2 Company Codes up to 4 ERPs including GSAP, Chemicals SAP, Trading ERPs with interfaces to Contracts and Procurement (CP) in the Business, CP Operations and Finance teams.
This position requires working closely with various stakeholders across different levels in CP, Businesses and Finance
Principal Accountabilities :
1. Effectively and efficiently operate and continuously improve Accounts Payable RTP process
Understand and effectively operate financial controls
Escalate items that interfere with the completion of the reconciliation activities to Team Manager
Performs weekly / monthly consolidation and submission of KPIs to Process Excellence, CP I&I. Provides analysis and insights on the performance.
Identify and implement process improvements within assigned scope
Acts as AP focal point for CP, Business, and other parts of FO
Provides practical and analytical support to ensure all Accounts Payable transactions are correctly accounted for in the general ledger and expenses are reported on a timely basis for each financial month-end close
2. Maintain an effective working relationship with key stakeholders, including but not limited to CP Operations Delivery, CP Data, RA DS Business Analyst, AP PE P&P Expert, CP PGS Process Expert, Country Finance Advisors
Initiates, manages, and actively attends operational meetings, including operational AP-CP connects, to discuss performance, issues, collaboration.
Demonstrate and role model One Finance Behaviours and Safe Hands
3. Participate in projects, change programs and initiatives that impact area of responsibility, including but not limited to migrations, scope changes, setting up new entities in collaboration with other teams, digitalization projects and business change programmes.
4. Promote Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) mindset and culture
Key Challenges :
1. Collaborating successfully in a multicultural and virtual environment, including delivering results through others without formal authority
2. Maintaining high quality of output despite pressure in meeting daily cut-offs
3. Demonstrate ability to co-create solutions and influence business partners with diverse seniority when complex issues arise
Job Qualifications :
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration preferred
Minimum 2 years of work experience in a similar or related role
Strong accounting knowledge of AP process and systems
Strong communication skills
Fluent in English and Japanese
Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
Innovative and open minded
Demonstrate accuracy and strong attention to details
Good organizational skills with ability to succeed under tight deadlines