ZigZag is looking for an Electrical and Control Systems Designer to join our team!
For this position, you will be reporting to an Australian company that provides services to major industrial and mining companies. The team is growing and requires an electrical designer with control systems experience to join this dynamic team.
The role would involve:
- Assist in the technical delivery of controls systems projects, including design, programming and development, preparation of documents such as IO schedules and commissioning/verification plans and checklists as directed by the project manager/engineer/senior engineer.
- Ability to read and interpret control systems documents such as functional specifications,
- functional descriptions, electrical single line drawings, and schematic drawings.
- Interpreting and following document control procedures, quality procedures.
- Communicate with engineers in understanding job requirements and interpreting engineering notes.
- Participate in FAT and verification activities where able (remote access).
- Service provided across a range of Power, Electrical, Instrumentation and control disciplines so a broad engineering knowledge is an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience with the following would be advantageous:
- Studio 5000 & Factory Talk View SE/ME
- Schneider PLC and Citect SCADA packages
- Emerson PAC Machine Edition
- Siemens PCS7 & and TIA Portal
- Other relevant PLC, RTU, HMI/SCADA, remote IO software
- General electrical design experience involving AutoCAD drafting of electrical drawings, documents, and schedules preferred but not essential.
- Design and drafting of various electrical and control deliverables such as: single-line diagram, schematic diagram, interconnection diagram, general arrangement drawings,preferred but not essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering/Vocational Diploma
- Background in oil & gas/mining/water/industrial industries
- PLC/HMI/SCADA Programming experience
- Commissioning experiences a bonus.
- Minimum 5-7 years in electrical industry.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong English skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- An acute attention to detail and an appreciation for quality in design documentation.
- Understanding of document control processes.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of an emerging engineering and drafting operation in a growth industry and develop skills to launch into a fulfilling career in technical design.
*This is a temporary work from home with possible working onsite in the future (Working onsite might be twice-thrice per month)
*Working Schedule is from Monday to Friday, flexible working schedule from 6am-9am to 3pm-6pm
Powered by JazzHR