Start date : 01-Sep-2019
You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
To respond to urgent humanitarian needs caused by natural or manmade disasters through emergency interventions
To improve the socio economic situation at household level through sustainable agricultural production and / or income growth, and / or improved access to water.
Building capacity of local stakeholders by transferring sustainable solutions and advocacy
Key activities in your role will include
1. To ensure that all programs activities are implemented within the time frame (according to proposals) in coordination and as agreed with the technical coordinators
Support the implementation of the projects in line with the work plan, the procurement / supply plan and the budget and timely implementation of the projects weekly, monthly and annual plan agreed by coordination team based on the donor requirement
Support that all the projects of the Base have an updated project work plan / Procurement-supply plan / budget forecast on a monthly basis integrating all departments’ activities and its dissemination to all department heads.
Support the transparency of the procedures as well as the implementation of Donors guidelines (including the documentation of the transparent decision making)
Support the coordination with the all component of the project (FSL, WASH, Nutrition, shelter) and all departments and staff work in a team and in a coordinated way
Support weekly meeting are conducted with all department head and progress and work plans are revised and updated
Support the head of departments comply with reporting requirement and timely submission of reports according to agreed formats and follow-
up the contribution (in-kind) required by programs
Support to coordinate the communication / partnership with local partners and public entities through the liaison officer (in coordination with Country Director (CD)
Support to coordinate the local partners capacity building strategy through the liaison officer and in coordination of the Country Director (CD)
2. Management base human resources following HR manual and procedures
Support to recruit the required staff if necessary in coordination with the HR manager in Manila and technical coordinators.
Support to train the staff according to the needs identified (Mission Training Plan)
Support when necessary review of the job descriptions and Organization of the team according to the base needs.
Support to ensure the implementation of the staff regulation in the base.
3. Management of the administrative / finances issues of the base following policies guidelines and procedures
Participation to the financial management of the base in collaboration with the Head of Base; Administrator and logistics drafts and updates budget follow up and projection, to ensure the financial visibility of the base, follow up of co-
funding and partners contribution according to mission tools.
Support in implementation all financial and cash procedures on the base
Support that all administrative procedures in the Base follow standards and manuals and the mission level memorandums.
4. Management of the logistics of the base following policies guidelines and procedures in accordance with the KitLog and in collaboration with the Base Logistics Officer
Support the Supply Chain Management specially that procurement plan is in place for projects in coordination with project managers and Logistic department.
Support the overall management and allocation and the use of the Equipment and fleet
Support the implementation and drawing protocols of the security management
5. Representation of Action Against Hunger and Support the respect of the Action Against Hunger Charter in the daily work in the base
6. Support Head of Base to assess and follow up the humanitarian needs situation and support in defining possible project proposals if needed.
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
1. Experience :
Atleast 3yrs of experience in team / program management both in emergency and development projects
management emergency in volatile security contexts with capacity to face a stressful environment.
community’s development and participation, institutional development and setting up of partnerships with local partners
2. A strong knowledge on the following :
Project Cycle Management and proposal writing and report writing skills in English
Mentoring and Coaching
Humanitarian / Cooperation / International Relationship
3. A strong knowledge of Administration, Finance , Human Resource, Logistics and Operations department procedures in specific with Action Against Hunger Policies and procedures
Our remuneration package :
Compensation based on Action Against Hunger salary grid and candidate's previous experience
Benefits : Health insurance, accident and life insurance, leave entitlements, government-mandated benefits