1 - First ShiftThe IT Support Specialist II is responsible for working with customers onsite, traveling or work at home users on computer use.
This position will get involved in virtual desktops, physical desktops, laptops, workstations and other computer technology on the manufacturing assembly floor as new requests or upgrading to better equipment.
This role will also assist in network trouble shooting and mobile devices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Exhibit the Vermeer characteristics of caring culture, demonstrating agility, customer focused and stewardship while modeling the associated behaviors.
2. Answers and responds to various IT support requests regarding desktop equipment, network and software problems, and user application questions via phone, email, instant message, walkup or request.
Maintains requests in a technical support tracking database and ensures statuses of assigned work orders are current in the system.
3. Diagnoses problems with hardware, software and network. Responds quickly to malfunctions and provides solutions while making sure the affected computers and network equipment remain functional.
Escalates issues that cannot be resolved within an established response time.
4. Plans, organizes and performs hardware and software system configuration, installation, upgrades, and maintenance on computers and peripheral equipment throughout the campus.
Updates department asset inventory system whenever changes are made and assets are moved between locations.
5. Assesses and prepares for installation of computer equipment, peripherals and software. Receives, tests and installs new and updated software releases of both standard and customized applications.
6. Manages and coordinates the timely repair of hardware including computers and other related communications devices and printers.
Installs, troubleshoots, and configures access to applications.
Education and / or Experience
Other Skills and Abilities
Up to 5% domestic and / or international travel by car or plane may be required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact Team Member Solutions in human resources at (641) 621-8767 or at .