What you’ll be doing:
- Write reliable and stable Frontend codes with unit testing and code review
- Provide technical analysis on platform enhancements and customizations, and other back-end technologies
- Work with data & configuration files such as MS Excel, XML, JSON, etc.
- Assist in the management, maintenance, and on-going support for existing e-Commerce websites
- Build webpages and templates on a variety of platforms and CMS’s, including Volusion and Hybris
- Make systematic edits to HTML, CSS, and JS codes based on a given mocks, including slicing photoshop files
- Investigate and resolve issues that arise in the system
- Provide scoping and estimation on projects and tasks
- Create proper documentation and integration guides on all applications developed
- Other tasks and responsibilities as business needs evolve
What you bring to the table:
- Strong problem-solving skills: adaptable, enthusiastic, and willing to take ownership
- High standards for documentation, unit testing, code reviews, continuous integration & deployment, and a preference for agile methods
- Strong attention to detail and proven multi-tasking ability, especially with multiple high-priority tasks
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong dedication to a team environment and to meeting deliverables
- Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications)
Nice to have:
- Some experience in Java and Spring Framework
- Some experience in Hybris and Volusion Front end Development
Required Technology and Tools:
- JAVA/JEE and Spring Framework
- AJAX , SOAP and RESTFul API
- Jira & Confluence
Location: The Software Engineer position is a remote working position for Balsam International Unlimited Philippine ROHQ in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are located within Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan or certain parts of Laguna only (Biñan, Cabuyao, Calamba, Los Baños, San Pedro and Santa Rosa).
- Must be willing to attend occasional in-person meetings depending on the status of the pandemic. For 2021, all in-person gatherings in Balsam are suspended until further notice.
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- OS: Windows 10 - 64 bit or higher
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For Mac users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i5
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk: Macintosh HD
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber, or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 10MBPS.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty.
- Must have licensed MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) including Outlook.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time
Benefits & Perks:
- Government-mandated Benefits (SSS, PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth)
- 13th Month Pay
- Paid Leaves
- Internet Subsidy
- Healthcare Coverage (+ 2 dependents)
- Maternity, Paternity, and Solo Parent Benefit
- Continuous Learning and Professional Development Benefit
- Mental Health Support
- Volunteer Time Off
- Bereavement Leave