The Engineer II - Design invents, designs, documents, builds and tests new solutions for assigned industry using CAD tools.
This role supports design in production, sales, service, troubleshooting and updating. This position is also responsible for analyzing and providing realistic recommendations on structural components to ensure that design meets the design goals and customer needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Demonstrate the Vermeer characteristics of caring culture, demonstrating agility, customer focused, and stewardship and model the associated behaviors.
2. Design and detail purchased items, machining, weld and assembly prints using SolidWorks software for performance, reliability, manufacturability, cost effectiveness and safety.
3. Support, supervise and assist Engineering Technicians with all aspects of building and testing prototypes.
4. Analyze production issues and create solutions.
5. Calculate unknown loading and directions where required from data and assumptions.
6. Develop bill of materials (BOM).
7. Test design changes made by technicians.
8. Instruct other users on SolidWorks, PDMWorks, ECN tools and best practices.
Education and / or Experience
Other Skills and Abilities
Up to 10% domestic and / or international travel by car or plane may be required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact Team Member Solutions in human resources at (641) 621-8767 or at .