The Systems Engineering Manager leads and directs the engineering activities of the systems teams, develops and implements policies and procedures for the engineering function, and oversees adherence to work in accordance with company policies, priorities and budget constraints.
This position manages and / or develops budgets for department including operating requirements, equipment, and material purchases.
This role provides technical leadership and assistance to other departments across the organization as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Lead through the Vermeer characteristics of caring culture, demonstrating agility, customer focused, and stewardship and model the associated behaviors.
Manage assigned team members in performance of their duties. Establish and monitor individual and team goals which are aligned with the organization’s business strategies and objectives and ensure department is properly serving its internal and external customers and meeting defined expectations.
2. Define, develop, and lead strategic engineering activities within the assigned area of responsibility. Develop and maintain engineering processes and design guidelines for assigned area and product group.
implement engineering solutions that improve quality and reliability.
4. Ensure on-time project launches that meet standards and meet or exceed customer expectations. Coordinate with sales, service, marketing, purchasing, manufacturing, quality assurance, and other departments required for assuring the successful launch of the product or project.
5. Promote a deeper understanding of team’s responsibility and accountability associated with critical timeline projects including regular communication with related groups.
6. Develop and lead lean strategies for improving existing product and process systems based on strategic initiatives and target market applications.
Lead lean process activities from process prototype through production implementation.
7. Consult with service, field personnel and product specialists on answering technical questions for assigned area and direct the tracking and resolution of field issues.
8. Research and identify applications, performance, and functional requirements to assure adequacy for the intended function in customer acceptable terms.
Conceptualize, conceive, plan, and direct the production environment design, model build, testing, costing, manufacturing review and production start up.
9. Evaluate existing product in the market place for Company fit. Develop and implement product plan for acquisition or partnership to enhance current product and solution base.
Participate in voice of customer events, customer service and dealer product conference calls.
Education and / or Experience
and / or combination of education and experience, required.
Other Skills and Abilities
Up to 10% domestic and / or international travel by car or plane may be required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.