1. Develops a flexible Annual Audit Plan; identifies areas of potential internal control exposures and areas for improving operational efficiency.
2. Develops the standard audit program for different categories of assignment. 3. Advises in a consulting capacity, improvements in the processes, policies and procedures, system of controls and other operational matters to increase the over-all effectiveness and productivity of the business.
4. Promotes improved standards of financial and operational control and value for money. 5. Performs financial and operational audits through the organization to provide senior management with objective analysis of activities.
6. Supervises and develops the internal audit team in the completion of audit assignments and report. 7. Reviews staff audit work papers and reports to ensure appropriate documentation and support.
8. Collates information on all instances of fraud or suspected fraud, ensures that appropriate action is taken in response, and reports significant instances to the senior management and to the President.