About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity.
From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally.
We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-
successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology.
And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of December 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had :
$10.1 trillion in assets under custody / administration
$7.6 trillion in assets under custody
$1.1 trillion in assets under management
$132 billion in banking assets
The primary responsibility of the Team Leader is to supervise and support a team of Analysts and Accountants within the Fund Accounting team.
The Team Leader reports to the Team Manager and assists with workflow distribution and maximizing the effectiveness of the team.
Organizes the work of the team, assigns tasks, sets short-term priorities, monitors all activities and ensures timely and accurate completion of the work.
Conducts performance management and career development processes, and staffing and disciplinary actions.
1. Responsible for work flow distribution and the effective use of resources within the team
2. Responsible for ensuring accurate completion of NAVs for multiple Unit Trusts and common Investment Funds
3. Prepares financial statements and reports for a designated group of funds
4. Monitors monthly reporting for onward transmission to the Trustees and ensures accuracy of reports prepared for regulatory agencies
5. Provide on the job technical training and coaching for all team members and brief staff regularly on issues relating to work carried out by the team and new initiatives
6. Organize the work of the team, assign tasks, set short-term priorities, monitor all activities and ensure timely and accurate completion of the work
7. Ensure all procedures are kept up to date and are adhered to on a daily basis 8. Assist the Team Manager in establishing goals and objectives for the team
9. Generate process and system enhancement ideas and co-ordinate the introduction of these changes with supporting documented procedures
10. Conducts performance management and career development processes, and staffing and disciplinary actions