We believe in using technology for the greater good.
We’re a fully remote, diverse team, working from all parts of the world. We invite you to join us in our mission to build a dynamic bridge that leverages technology to enable connections and innovative solutions for a more equitable planet.
TechSoup is a global nonprofit social enterprise that connects NGOs with mission-critical resources worldwide. For over 30 years, we’ve been building partnerships with individuals, corporations, nonprofits, and governments across the globe. Together, we are committed to helping organizations grow via our unifying technology platform, resources, and connections. Those organizations, in turn, build a brighter future for tens of millions of people. We serve both the smallest and largest nonprofits around the world through sustainable, low-cost, self-service offers delivered at scale. To date, we have enabled more than 1.4 million organizations in over 230 countries and territories receive technology tools, resources, and funding with a retail value of more than $19.1 billion. We are constantly evolving.
As technology and global needs change, so do we. We’re creating new, community-driven platforms and mobile apps and are enhancing our offerings so that nonprofits have the resources they need to build a brighter future for their communities.
We’re innovators, leaders, influencers, social entrepreneurs, and technologists drawn together by a shared vision: to make the world a better place through technology. Join our global team.
The Account Receivable and Accounts Payable (AR/AP) Specialist will support timely and accurate month close process for all financial transactions in the Asian entity. This position will support the goal of completing and reducing month close process and improving integrity of data to support financial reporting with accounting functions.
The AR/AP Specialist reports to Director of Finance and is a contractor position.
Duties and Responsibilities
The AR/AP Specialist will be responsible for accounts payable and accounts receivable to support timely bank reconciliations for Asian banks accounts, as well as direct data entry bookkeeping duties. This role will:
- Liaisons with external vendors and customers
- Sets up international wire transfers
- Ensure accurate entry of AR and AP of team to perform account reconciliations
- Issues accounts receivable partner statements to partners in Asia
- Perform day to day financial transactions including verifying, classifying, posting and reporting accounts receivable data.
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Verify discrepancies by and resolve billing issues
- Reconcile and analyze general ledger accounts
- Ensure GAAP compliance and documentation requirements to supports various audits
- Utilizes NetSuite reporting to manage AR/AP, and other reports
- Perform other misc. projects, reports, and accounting duties as needed
- 3-5 years full charge bookkeeping, or AR/AP experience
- 3+ years ERP or similar financial enterprise system experience required
- Experience working in international organizations in an accounting function, or exposure to international accounting and multiple currencies
- Understanding of GAAP
- Prior experience as AR/AP, staff accountant
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Experience operating spreadsheets, updating schedules, etc.
- Attention to detail and accuracy with data entry, and review of own and teams works
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel, NetSuite or similar ERP system.
- Ability to communicate well with internal staff and external vendors and customers is a must.
- A sense of humor, resourcefulness, and enthusiasm for our mission are important.
- Problem-solving, can-do attitude which inspires others to do their best
- Ability to use judgment, be proactive, anticipate issues, and have initiative to accomplish job duties
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks, prioritizing and organizing effectively
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems
- Ability to be dependable, work well with others to resolve problems, handle requests or situations, and to escalate as needed
- Bachelors degree in accounting or finance and or related field and or years of experience
Physical Demands & Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged keyboard duties
- Access, input & retrieve information from a computer to produce typed copy, free of errors, without the assistance of another person
- Willingness and capacity to work in a cubicle environment at a workstation, and to come and go repeatedly throughout the day as is necessary, to perform various responsibilities
- Capacity to communicate and enunciate adequately, in person or via telephone, in a manner which can be understood by those with whom the employee is speaking
- Capability of dialing or otherwise using a telephone to place calls
- Capacity to pick up, leaf through and read books, files and other materials
- Willingness and capacity to sit/stand for minimum periods of two hours at a time
- Capacity to reach forward to a high of 48 inches, to a low of 15 inches, to the side 54 inches and to the low side 9 inches above the floor
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Ability to load discs and to change settings, devices, fixtures, etc., on various equipment used in and around TechSoup Global
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to various components of an office environment such as florescent lighting, pollen, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, VDTs, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise
About TechSoup Global:
TechSoup Global is a nonprofit organization that has been successful in creating a suite of high impact services that facilitate corporate philanthropy and benefit community service organizations in a financially sustainable model. For more than two decades, our mission has been to work toward the day when every community service organization on the planet has access to the technology resources and information they need to achieve their own missions. Founded in 1987, we currently have more than 165 staff members and an annual budget of about $23 million. TechSoup Global helps other nonprofits better serve their missions by acquiring and using technology, implementing web and social networking, and receiving grant funding and product donations.
Working with capacity-building partners across the world, TechSoup Global is actively expanding our program outside the US. We establish partnerships with in-country NGOs to implement our highly effective product donation program, while adapting to local business practices, laws, and cultural imperatives. In the process, we’re building a global network of partners all focused on empowering NGOs through the effective use of technology. We’re in 22 countries to date and adding more each month.
Through our TechSoup Stock website, nonprofits find a broad range of software donated by leading tech companies such as Microsoft, Cisco, Symantec, Intuit, and Adobe, along with content and community resources tailored specifically for a nonprofit audience. To date we have enabled over $1 billion in technology donations worldwide.
Based upon the strength of our global network, our expertise in building scalable web systems, our history of working both with donors and with recipient NGOs, and our experience building one of the fastest growing sustainable social enterprises, TechSoup Global was recently selected to build a new service for international philanthropy. Backed by major foundations and key philanthropy sector partners, this new service will create a global database of nonprofits and NGOs, making it easier and less costly for international grantmakers to provide cash grants to social benefit organizations in countries outside the U.S.
TechSoup Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
Powered by JazzHR