The Level Designer will create and optimize complex game levels and create and/or implement exciting gameplay situations based on the creative vision.
The main and routine tasks of the level designer are to:
- Conceptualize, design, script, direct, and build levels for video games
- Design and implement areas of the game including layout, character placement, and other gameplay related entities
- Collaborate with other Level Designers to define and refine level designs to create an extremely fun, satisfying, and polished level design flow
- Collaborate with Creative Director and Lead Designers to contribute innovative ideas towards all aspects of game design
- Create design documentation based on the direction from the Creative Director and Lead Designers
- Actively participate in and/ or lead design specific discussions concerning design reviews and design issues
- Collaborate with the engineering team to develop and enhance the development of tools and processes used in laying out environments
- Work closely with the art department to design environments that are innovative and visually impressive
- Apply architecture concepts to levels (flow, threshold, volumes)
- Share knowledge and mentor junior designers
- Motivate and inspire others to generate new ideas
- Keep up to date on current gaming trends and latest technology
- Any other ad-hoc duties, if necessary
- Preferably has experience working in the video games or films industry as a Previz Artist, Animator, Camera Artist or Video Editor
- Ability to design and conceptualize creative and interesting game levels utilizing 3D tools (UnrealEd, Maya, Max, Hammer, Radiant or similar 3D editor)
- Working experience using LUA (or equivalent scripting language) to create game mechanics
- Strong working knowledge of game design systems
- Has a full understanding of the relationship between gameplay elements within the level and the overall game as well as all of the ways a player can respond to each gameplay element
- Deep knowledge of the game development process and game production pipeline
- Knowledge in cinematography and storytelling is a plus
- Artistic background in 2D or 3D is an advantage
- Strong communication skills, positive attitude, great work ethics, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Fast learner, takes initiative and meets deadlines
- Has the passion for games and game development
To all applicants: Kindly upload your cover letter, CV and portfolio.
This position is open for fresh graduates.
Our top priority are our people: Ubisoft offers a world-class working environment that facilitates collaboration, open communication, and fun.
We ensure our team receive the best training, regularly sending them to trips to other Ubisoft studios around the globe. We work hard, but we play hard too. With our monthly events, parties, regular video game tournaments, music and sports clubs, you can bet that we’re serious about fun!