Under the supervision of the Senior Program Officer for Operations, the Program Officer for Formation II is part of the Formation Cluster of the Programs Team.
S / he is in-charge of ensuring the smooth and efficient implementation of the Praxis Program, which aims to serve as a venue where the high school and college participants can practice their learnings from the camps and gain firsthand experience in project management.
In addition, s / he is also accountable for ensuring that reflection remains an integral part of the participants’ formation thru Spirituality and Reflection Sessions.
The Program Officer for Formation II supports Pathways’ operations by ensuring smooth implementation of interventions which supports Ateneo’s strategy (2.
1.a.a) to promote education geared towards empowering people, especially the poor and marginalized, to access basic products and services by expanding scholarship grants.
1. Plans, implements and evaluates after consultation with PO for PDE II (B) the following Praxis Program activities and skills trainings :
1.1. High School and College Praxis Launch
1.2. Basic Facilitation and Mentoring Skills Training for Grade 12
1.3. Input Session on Data Gathering Methods and Proposal Writing for Grade 12
1.4. Communication Skills Seminar for Grade 10
1.5. High School and College Praxis Proposal Presentation
1.6. High School and College Praxis Evaluation Presentation
1.7. High School and College Culminating Activity
2. Tracks the status and progress of each praxis group throughout the school year by :
2.1. Conducting regular consultations sessions with the praxis groups
2.2. Maintaining regular communication with their respective mentors
2.3. Designing and utilizing tools and systems for monitoring
2.4. Monitoring, grading and safekeeping all praxis-related outputs
3. Plans, implements and evaluates after consultation with PO for PDE II (B) the following Spirituality Program activities :
3.1. Spirituality Sessions for Grade 11 and 2nd year college
3.2. Reflection Sessions for Grade 10, Grade 12, 1st year college
3.4. Retreat for Grade 10
4. Works together with and coaches the Alay Ni Ignacio Non-Academic Formation Unit Social Projects Head in the planning, implementation and evaluation of all praxis activities for Junior High School participants
5. As part of the Formation Cluster, collaborates with and supports other POs for Formation :
5.1. Assists POs for Formation I (A) and (B) during camps, trainings and academic formation activities from registration, set-
up, monitoring, documentation and assessments, up to clean up
5.2. Prepares event reports for all the interventions mentioned from numbers 1 to 4; including clear and accurate documentation
5.3. Prepares budget requests and liquidation reports in collaboration with the 2 other POs for Formation
5.4. Gives critical inputs and constructive criticisms which would improve the quality of the cluster’s activities, systems and processes
6. As part of the Programs Team, supports the team and other POs by :
6.1. Conducting home visits, student interviews and even Kumustahan sessions when necessary
6.2. Serving as administrative and logistical support during other activities and interventions like General Assembly, Family Consultations, etc.
6.3. Providing critical but constructive inputs related to other PO’s performance as peer rater
6.4. Serving as documenter or presider / facilitator during Team meetings
7. As part of the Pathways Team, supports the organization and other POs during :
7.1. Education Partners’ Luncheon
7.2. Coordinators’ Conventions
7.3. Thanksgiving lunches and dinners
7.4. Grand general assemblies and other multi-stakeholder gatherings
7.5. Panel Interviews for potential Pathways employees
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
As one of the key positions in the organization, the person holding the post is expected to live out the Pathways core values as explained and defined by the organization.
S / He also contributes to the development of the organization’s core competency by manifesting most, if not all, of the following competencies :
1. Adaptability : Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures
accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Also, the thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved.
Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
3. Integrity and Building Trust : Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s and those of the organization
using newly gained knowledge and skills on the job and learning through their application
5. Service-Oriented : Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
Also, demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer.
Customers can be students, volunteers, parents, donors, co-workers, peers, external partners, or other stakeholders.)
6. Stress Management : Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization
7. Tenacity : Staying with a position or plan of action until the desired objective is obtained or is no longer reasonably attainable
creates an atmosphere in which others feel accepted and invited to participate and bring their unique perspectives
self-imposing of excellence rather than having standard imposed. Also, demonstrates concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence, shows a passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement
willing to volunteer for other tasks when it is in the best interest of the organization and / or stakeholders
Aside from contributing to the potential core competencies of the organization enumerated above, the following are the identified functional competencies required for the position :
1. Planning and Organizing : Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Also, establishes a systematic course of action for self or others to ensure accomplishment of a specific objective. Sets priorities, goals and timetables to achieve maximum productivity.
2. Communication : Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Also, creates an atmosphere in which timely and high quality information flows smoothly both up the organization and down, inside and outside the organizational encourages open expression of ideas and opinions.
3. Information Monitoring : Setting up ongoing procedures to collect and review information needed to manage an organization or ongoing activities within it.
4. Delegation, Monitoring and Follow-Up : Allocating decision-making authority and / or task responsibility to appropriate others to maximize the organization’s and individual’s effectiveness.
Also, utilizes direct reports effectively by allocating decision-making and other responsibilities to the appropriate person.
Monitoring the results of delegation, assignments, or projects, considering the skills, knowledge, and experience of the assigned individual and the characteristics of the assignment or project.
Setting up ongoing procedures to collect and review information needed to manage an organization or ongoing activities with it.
5. Coaching and Developing Others : Providing timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge / skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
Also, works to improve and reinforce performance of others. Facilitates their skill development by providing clear, behaviorally specific performance feedback and making or eliciting specific suggestions for improvement in a manner that builds confidence and maintains self-
esteem. Also, planning and supporting the development of individual’s skills and abilities so that they can fulfill current or future job / role responsibilities more effectively.
6. Initiative : Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
Also, does more than is required or expected in the job; does things that no one has requested that will improve or enhance products and services, avoid problems, or develop entrepreneurial opportunities.
Plans ahead for upcoming problems or opportunities and takes appropriate action.
operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
8. Innovation : Generating innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with problems and opportunities.
Also, generates novel and valuable ideas and uses these ideas to develop new or improved processes, methods, systems, products, or services.