Oracle Utilities Overview (UGBU)
Oracle Utilities delivers proven software applications that help utility companies of all types and sizes achieve competitive advantage, business performance excellence and a lower total cost of technology ownership. Oracle Utilities integrate industry-specific customer care and billing, network management, work and asset management, mobile workforce management and meter data management applications with the capabilities of Oracle's industry-leading enterprise applications, business intelligence tools, middleware, database technologies, as well as servers and storage. The software enables customers to adapt more nimbly to market deregulation, meet ever-evolving customer demands and deliver on environmental conservation commitments.
Our team is the Oracle Utilities Application Framework. We build the underlying application, APIs, tools and cross-product functionality that powers 8 Enterprise products across the Utilities, Banking and Tax industries. Members of our team are usually technical leads in the organization. The work we do is about 50% new development and 50% maintenance; the code base is about 50% server side and 50% client side.
• Research technologies and best practices for implementation in the product
• Writing and reviewing designs with product management, architecture, QA, documentation, and release
• Coding robust solutions and debugging complex processes and infrastructures for business applications
• Troubleshooting bugs and answering implementation questions from customers and the product teams
• Work with product management and customer support to provide input into implementation guides whitepapers, and knowledge base
• Work with teams in multiple continents in building a world class product.
• Work in Software Development using Agile Software Development Methodology
• Bachelor degree in IT, Computer Science or any of its equivalent
• At least five (5) years work experience in the same capacity
• Competency working in a 3-tier JEE stack; for example, you know what Java Servlet is and can modify said code and add associated JUnits
• Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and methodology
• Background on object-oriented design and development
• Good understanding of application development in a multi-tier environment
• Experience in any of the following is a plus: Oracle Jet
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will perform high-level design based on provided external specifications. Specify, design and implement minor changes to existing software architecture. Build highly complex enhancements and resolve complex bugs. Build and execute unit tests and unit plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering as necessary to discuss minor changes to product functionality and to ensure quality and consistency across specific products.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Job Type:Regular Employee Hire
Report this job
Add to favorites
You need to be logged into your account to add this job to your favorites. Click "Continue" to log in or create a new account. You will then be able to access your favorites from our website or from the neuvoo mobile app.Continue
No, thank you