The key accountabilities are, but not limited to:
- Tax Planning : management, anticipation and optimization of the Philippine tax entities effective tax rate
- Be a force of proposal for Philippine tax planning and tax optimization, providing tax planning opportunities advice to the business units and corporate tax department
- Involvement in Group and Company reorganizations, acquisitions, reduction of legal entities and disposals, tax aspects thereof (if applicable)
- Planning and developing new policies and procedures in response to changing corporate initiatives
- Close liaison with corporate tax function re: international tax planning work and foreign aspects of Philippine tax planning
- Monitoring NoLs (tax losses) and proposing actions so that no NoLs are lost to the Group
- Dividend planning
- Optimization of tax cash flow
- Identify, quantify and communicate tax-planning strategies for all entities, including researching and developing the most tax efficient action plan and/or ownership structure.
- Involvement in tax aspects in relation to financing of the Philippine Group, monitoring thin capitalization
- Management of transfer pricing issues within Philippine as well as with entities in other countries
- Follow up of the new tax legislation and proposal for tax optimization or tax refunds
Tax Reporting/Tax Filing:
- Computation of tax accruals for monthly and annual financial reporting (actual, annual budget and forecast), ensuring correct tax reporting for both local financials as well as corporate reporting
- Work closely with the Chief Accounting Officer and Managing Director
- Responsibility for completion and submission of monthly and annual tax returns and reports.
- Consultancy function for VAT returns prepared by finance staff.
- Monitoring tax groups and filing of the consolidated tax return (if applicable) as well as calculating the group relief in forecasts and annual financial reporting
- Ensuring that all filing requirements are completed on a timely and accurate basis.
- Ensuring relevant documentation is completed, procedures in place to ensure compliance with local regulations as well as Publicis Groupe policies
- Following and justifying the deferred taxes in the Philippine entities
- Following tax reserves and approving these with Group Tax Director
- Experience of at least 7 years, part of it being with a multinational group and preferably also with a law/accounting firm
- Certified Public Accountant
- Knowledge of tax law and regulations, practice and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and finance.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluent English.
- Ability to develop creative, defensible, advantageous tax results within the boundaries of tax laws.
- Must be very proactive, be alert for problems and resolving these.
- Proficiency in computer software application relating to taxation, including Microsoft excel and Word.
Skills (including technology)
- Excellent skills in Microsoft excel, word and PPT
- Strong attention to detail within a high transactional environment across multiple agencies
- Ability to communicate in both written and oral form to ensure queries are understood and resolved within time frames
- A team player who understands that working independently to achieve key tasks supports and enhances team delivering to customers
Report this job
Add to favorites
You need to be logged into your account to add this job to your favorites. Click "Continue" to log in or create a new account. You will then be able to access your favorites from our website or from the neuvoo mobile app.Continue
No, thank you