Opportunity 2.0, funded by USAID, will strengthen second-chance education programs for vulnerable out-of-school youth in the Philippines. Opportunity 2.0 (02) will collaborate and work with national and local systems supporting youth in order to provide 180,000 youth with the skills and opportunities to improve their education, employment, and livelihood outcomes.
Achieving this vision will require a multi-faceted, systems-strengthening approach that aligns the formal education system, markets, and youth “sub-systems” at the regional levels. This will be achieved by providing experienced project personnel embedded in government departments; further aligning the input of technical assistance; and maximizing opportunities to bring together the respective stakeholders to identify and refine synergies and transition pathways for youth, particularly between Department of Education (DepEd)’s Alternative Learning System (ALS) program and the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA).
The Data Analyst reports to the Manila-based Senior Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager and is responsible for ensuring the quality and accuracy of Opportunity 2.0 data and processes, and will design and present it in ways to help the O2 project staff and partners make better decisions. The Data Analyst will work with Communications team to use data in compelling ways for Opportunity 2.0 communications materials. This is a regular full-time position based in Metro Manila.
The Data Analyst’s specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide lead technical support to the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Team in Data Quality Assessment
- Assist the Senior M&E Manager in preparing or outlining data analysis plans
- Organize, validate, clean and prepare the data in specified format that is ready for data analysis
- Perform various quantitative and qualitive data analyses
- Generate various statistical reports and regularly update data dashboard
- Provide lead technical support in data visualization for use of the program’s Communications Team
- Assist M&E Officers in developing M&E tools ensuring that the types of data to be collected are aligned with the data analysis plan
- Assist with periodic reports as appropriate and submit inputs timely.
- Provide support to other special initiatives as may be needed
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism when dealing with sensitive and confidential documents and information, and with co-workers and EDC partners
- Comply with project and organizational policies concerning security, human resources, financial and grants management, the confidentiality of information, and the like
- Comply with EDC’s administrative and HR regulations, including policies and procedures on performance management and annual performance review
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Secondary education and at least 4 years of directly relevant experience required; an associate or bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, data science, or related fields preferred.
Skills and Experience
- At least 4 years of directly relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation, preferably in USAID-assisted project
- Outstanding and effective oral communication and writing skills
- Extensive or rich experience with monitoring program implementation using quantitative and qualitative approaches
- Experience using qualitative and statistical data analysis packages and database management systems
- Experience in developing and coordinating data collection, processing, and analysis systems
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with teams
- Proven capacity to facilitate coordination among diverse range of staff and stakeholders
- Excellent people skills at all levels, cultural sensitivity, ability to work well under pressure, negotiate diplomatically, and the ability to work well in a multicultural and multidisciplinary work environment
- Willingness to work and travel in all project areas
Fluency in Filipino and English.
Due to the volume of applications submitted, only finalists will be notified. No phone calls, please. Open to Filipino Nationals only.
EDC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to enhancing the diversity of its workforce and ensuring a highly inclusive work environment. EDC is a smoke-free workplace, and offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits.