About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity.
From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally.
We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-
successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology.
And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of December 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had :
$10.1 trillion in assets under custody / administration
$7.6 trillion in assets under custody
$1.1 trillion in assets under management
1. Responsible for work flow distribution and the effective use of resources within the team
2. Responsible for ensuring accurate completion of NAVs for multiple Unit Trusts and common Investment Funds
3. Prepares financial statements and reports for a designated group of funds
4. Monitors monthly reporting for onward transmission to the Trustees and ensures accuracy of reports prepared for regulatory agencies
5. Provide on the job technical training and coaching for all team members and brief staff regularly on issues relating to work carried out by the team and new initiatives
6. Organize the work of the team, assign tasks, set short-term priorities, monitor all activities and ensure timely and accurate completion of the work
7. Ensure all procedures are kept up to date and are adhered to on a daily basis 8. Assist the Team Manager in establishing goals and objectives for the team
9. Generate process and system enhancement ideas and co-ordinate the introduction of these changes with supporting documented procedures
10. Conducts performance management and career development processes, and staffing and disciplinary actions
A College or University degree and / or relevant work experience is required
Experience of Fund Accounting is required
Supervisory experience is desirable Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
The role will require the ability to deal confidently and articulately with internal and external counterparties
Analytical and problem solving skills are required
Leadership and organizational skills are needed to prioritize assignments and provide feedback to staff
Ability to set priorities and manage deadlines, escalating issues where necessary
Good team player, self-starter, flexible, with the ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
5AM - 2PM M-F