1 - First ShiftParticipants in the Engineering Development Program will complete a 15-20 week training experience that provides an overview of engineering and manufacturing processes at Vermeer.
During this program, participants will complete experiential, hands-on, classroom, and self-paced educational opportunities to accelerate their professional development.
Upon successful completion of the program, participants will be assigned to an Electrical Design Engineer role as described below.
The Engineer I - Electrical invents, designs, documents, builds, and tests new solutions for assigned industry using design tools.
This role supports design in production, sales, service, troubleshooting, and updating. This position is also responsible for analyzing and providing realistic recommendations on electrical and controls systems to ensure that design meets the design goals and customer needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Demonstrate the Vermeer characteristics of caring culture, demonstrating agility, customer focused, and stewardship and model the associated behaviors.
2. Design and detail circuits, harnesses, and assembly prints using SolidWorks software for manufacturability, cost effectiveness, and safety.
3. Develop software and supporting documentation for machine based controls.
4. Debug and test software.
5. Develop mechanical design of controls associated structures and bill of materials (BOM).
6. Analyze production issues and create solutions.
7. Support, supervise, and assist Engineering Technicians with all aspects of building and testing prototypes.
8. Instruct other users on SolidWorks, PDMWorks, and ECN tools and best practices.
Education and / or Experience
Other Skills and Abilities
Up to 15% domestic and / or international travel by car or plane may be required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact Team Member Solutions in human resources at (641) 621-8767 or at .