Gloss (www.glosstech.io) is a successful U.S. Digital Marketing Agency founded in 2007, with a full-time staff in the Philippines since 2008.
We are looking for a freelance Quality Assurance Analyst:
The project requires the following skill sets:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field.
- Experience in quality inspection, auditing, and testing.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of QA databases and applications.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Develop and execute test plans to ensure that all objectives are met.
- Implement and monitor test scripts to assess functionality, reliability, performance, and quality of the service or product.
- Identify and remedy defects within the production process.
- Recommend, implement, and monitor preventative and corrective actions to ensure that quality assurance standards are achieved.
- Compile and analyze statistical data.
- Ensure that user expectations are met during the testing process.
- Draft quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Investigate customer complaints and product issues.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements.
We are growing rapidly so your successful delivery of this project may lead to our considering you for a full-time role or additional freelance projects in the future.
1. Personality Traits
In addition to your skill sets, we place equal value on the personality of our team members.
We want someone who is proactive, takes initiative, and isn't afraid to share their opinions (even if it may be uncomfortable to do so).
You'll have plenty of support (e.g. tools, resources, infrastructure, project management, and more...), but you must have the mindset that you "own" your projects. If you're the type of person who waits to be told what to do at every step throughout a project, then this position isn't right for you.
You'll also be provided with very clear project instructions and requirements, but you must also be able to work independently, figure things out for yourself, do your own research when necessary, and adopt an attitude of "I'm going to do whatever it takes to get the job done!"
- Being proactive in providing feedback, insights, and ideas to help us be the best company we can be.
- Being proactive in recommending tools, resources, and education to help you be the best contributor you can be.
- Thinking outside-the-box to provide fresh and creative ideas to the team.
- Whatever it takes to ensure your success and our success!
Finally, you must have a natural curiosity and passion for learning new technology, not just for the sake of the technology itself, but in how technology can be used to maximize the potential of the given project.
If this describes you - and you possess the skills sets we are seeking - then we'd love to have you on board with us!
2. Work Environment
- You must live in the Philippines (please do not apply if this is not the case as we will not reply)
- You have your own computer and Internet connection (this is a home-based position).
- You are willing to work (at least partially) during U.S. business hours.