1 - First ShiftThe Functional Testing Project Engineer manages the design, acquisition, commissioning, and maintenance of functional test equipment in manufacturing.
This role works with Product Development, Manufacturing Engineering, Operations, and Quality to development functional tests and diagnostic programs, designs test fixtures and equipment, and completes specifications and procedures for new products and existing products.
This position directs test engineering projects and teams as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Lead by exhibiting the Vermeer characteristics of caring culture, demonstrating agility, customer focused and stewardship while modeling the associated behaviors.
Supervise, organize, mentor and coach assigned team members in performance of their duties while influencing others to carry the Vermeer culture forward.
Establish and monitor individual and team goals which are aligned with the organization’s strategies and objectives to drive key business results.
Use expertise to ensure department is serving its internal and external customers and meeting defined expectations.
2. Ensure the successful execution of test solution projects from inception, through deployment, as well as long-term support.
3. Manage project scope (requirements and change requests) ensuring it meets agreed to commitments.
4. Define, develop, and lead multiple test engineering projects from prototype development through production implementation.
5. Ensure test equipment is qualified for use and added to calibration and preventative maintenance schedules. Troubleshoot and repair equipment.
6. Develop and maintain prioritized task and project lists for direct reports.
7. Educate and train team members and support staff on test equipment.
Education and / or Experience
Other Skills and Abilities
Up to 25% domestic and / or international travel by car or plane may be required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact Team Member Solutions in human resources at (641) 621-8767 or at .