Position Summary : Identify and treat health disorders among students and employees and provide instruction in the maintenance of good health and disease prevention.
Evaluate the physical condition of the students and refer students and employees to appropriate resources that needed. Duties and Responsibilities : 1.
Develop policies, procedures and work standards for school health program. 2. Monitor compliance of school health program with government laws, regulations and policies.
Initiate program changes as needed. 3. Prepare health reports as required. 4. Negotiate professional and medical services essential to the school health program.
5. Provide first aid care and medically prescribed services to students and employees. 6. Maintain security of school health supplies.
7. Instruct students in health education according to the university curriculum. 8. Serve as a resource person on health issues.
9. Provide staff development activities on health-related topics for employees and students. 10. Screen and conduct health appraisals for students and employees.
11. Provide follow-up evaluations on students and employees as required. 12. Recommend corrective action where problems are identified.
13. Conduct home visits when appropriate. 14. Correspond with parents on health needs of their children as needed. 15. Record immunizations, health findings, and other relevant health data.
16. Assume responsibility for appropriate assessment, planning, intervention, evaluation, management, and referral activities for students and employees of the university.
s / College Degree in Nursing or equivalent At least 1 year of working experience is required for this position.Registered Nurse