The Visa Philippines team comprises of a highly motivated bunch of problem solvers who create impactful experiences for our clients. Here at Visa, we strive to excel with our partners via strong collaboration, we look to enable and inspire all players in the ecosystem to drive electronification of payments in the Philippines.
If you are business savvy with financial services industry experience, enjoy engaging clients while also driving quantitative operational management, and have a strong background in financial analysis and forecasting necessary to support the Business Development function, you should apply!
What a Business Development Manager does at Visa:
In this role, you are expected to:
- Manage Philippine and Guam-based Visa clients by providing strong client relationship support
- Identify new opportunities to mutually grow client and Visa business
- Provide strategic and tactical business development support to the Head of Sales and Country Manager for the Philippines and Guam
Manage Business Planning and Operations
- Provide the Business Development team, functional units and management with a clear picture of current business performance and progress towards targets via preparation of relevant reports and dashboards
- Support the execution of the country’s Business Plans and ensure initiatives, budget and KPIs are consistently met
- Support key cross-functional activities for the team, such as cross-border activities by working with in-country Business Development and functional teams to ensure goal alignment and execution on all initiatives to achieve country goals
- Monitor product budgets reporting associated with product platforms, ensuring budget is fully optimized while proper processes are followed and initiatives are delivered on time and within agreed budget
Why this is important to Visa
This is an expanded role which that we believe provides strategic and critical support to key functions (Business Development, Finance and Product) and drives key activities in the Philippines and Guam. You will also work closely with other core functions in Visa across the regional cluster such as the Merchant Solutions & Acquiring, Government Relations and Business Solutions teams to identify areas of opportunity and growth.
What you will need:
We are looking to hire candidates that have already accumulated a variety of experience, you will be curious about the payments industry, results-driven and client-centric. As a candidate you should have:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance (or equivalent job experience)
- At least 8 years of payments industry experience (preferably in business analysis, strategy and/or financial services) with a proven track record of executing projects for high-performing cross-functional teams
- Self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to influence and communicate effectively internally and externally
- Possess strong problem-solving skills on process mapping, task management and execution
- Possess strong analytical skills with a keen eye for data extraction, manipulation and insight development with limited data
What will also help:
- Strong knowledge of the Philippines and Guam payments landscape, emerging players, business models, and trends is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage corporate clients across the customer lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills, and proven ability to influence
- Comfortable in working independently while effectively working across functional lines and managing multiple priorities
- Ability to be creative and manage competing priorities to achieve desired end-state
Projects you will be a part of
As part of the team, you will get opportunity to work on strategically important projects for clients.
- As a key member of the Business Development team, you will provide Management with key inputs for decision-making and business performance: timely and efficient management of client sales processes, internal procurement processes and execution of identified functional plans and Visa events
- You will develop and maintain effective processes and record keeping measures to accurately track business performance, associated revenues and tracking of deal performance and forecasting of deal incentives; and provide support for business financial planning
- Support the Business Development team on end-to-end deal approval and client contract execution processes