The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for overseeing the correct functioning of software code and ensuring company requirements are met before product release. Works closely with the development team, plan and complete necessary tests using both manual and automated means, lead testing procedures, and create detailed reports to be submitted to his/her manager.
- Helps to train Quality Assurance Analysts, participate in mentoring tasks, document and monitor product defects, and participate in requirement reviews as needed.
- Design and implement test approach depending on the project requirements
- Review test cases are written by QA Analyst to ensure the highest test efficiency
- Works directly with software developers and project managers to form cohesive goals, but they also need to be able to work by themselves with minimal supervision
- Expertise in different types of testing
- Consistently reports software quality and/project progress to his/her manager
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Create and optimize test concepts for our internal tools and APIs
- Enhance and maintain existing automation test suites
- Should be flexible in doing both scripting and test execution
- Accountable for timely automated regression testing
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant IT, Software, or QA related degree, with a background in Test Automation is a plus
- Minimum 3 years of software testing experience gained across one of the principle testing specialism, i.e. manual, automated, performance, etc. Ideally have gained an industry certification in one of these areas is a must.
- A good understanding of Software Development process including analysis and design, coding, system, user testing, and problem resolution is a must.
- Excellent troubleshooting, debugging, and documentation skills
- Experience of working within an Agile development process (Scrum or similar) is a plus.
- Good written and oral communication skills, able to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues in the Technology group as well as non-technical users.
Powered by JazzHR