What’s it all about?
The compliance-risk control framework includes financial crime compliance and regulatory compliance. Financial crime focus is on Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF), Sanctions & Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC), and on the associated Know Your Customer (KYC) and Know Your Customer’s Business (KYC/B) & Counterparty Due Diligence (CDD) obligations; including primarily but not limited to: -
• On-boarding counterparty due diligence
• Transactional monitoring
• Sanctions screening
• Suspicious activity identification, monitoring and reporting
What we expect of you, day to day.
· Develop an understanding of Visa Payments business operations and payment processes
· Identify and internally escalate actual or suspected sanctions matches, assisting and supporting other analysts within the team
· Ensure sanction queries are sent in a timely manner in line with our internal SLAs and deadlines set
· Identify trends and use data to suggest improvements to effectively resolve service issues, escalating appropriately.
· Assist with the development of management information in alignment with regulatory and internal policy/risk expectations
· Assist with the review of new controls to mitigate risks and reduce false positives to improve efficiency across the team.
· Ensuring clients are within legal parameters and not undertaking ML or criminal activities. For example, using screening and monitoring systems to assess client legitimacy.
· Identifying, managing & escalating suspected and actual money laundering, sanctions breaches and fraud cases through the relevant escalation path.
· Ensuring the compliance risk control framework remains aligned with external legislation.
· Conducting and/or overseeing compliance monitoring reviews and audits.
· Promoting and providing advice on best compliance practice within critical business areas.
· Exemplifying the company values and promoting them in all areas of the role, within and without the function.
What we’re after…
· 5-7 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree
· Previous experience in financial/corporate sector payments, FX and/or compliance
· Understanding of IT systems, operational and/or product development payment processes, especially in e-Commerce environments for retail and/or corporate payments
Your Personal Attributes
· Courteous and friendly nature (team player)
· Strong communication skills, written and oral
· Recognises the importance of attention to detail (regulatory environment)
· Motivated to learn
· Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
· Ability to follow a process driven task
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.