Job Description : Position Overview :
Position Overview :
Cloud Architect is responsible for designing, deploying, and overseeing the company and clients cloud computing strategy.
This includes cloud adoption plans, cloud application design, and cloud management and monitoring. Cloud architects oversee application architecture and deployment in cloud environments.
Key Responsibilities :
Understand customers' overall applications portfolio, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions (Microsoft and 3rd party solutions) using PaaS, DevOps & Advanced Application coding
Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to create a modernization roadmap. Architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, while orchestrating key resources and infusing key Infrastructure technologies (e.
g. Windows and Linux IaaS, Security, Networking, etc.), and Application Development and DevOps technologies (e.g. App Service, containers, serverless, cloud native, etc.) as appropriate
Ensure all solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
Be the Voice of the Customer; Share insights and best practices, and connect with Engineering teams to remove key blockers
Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners
Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform
Maintain technical skills and knowledge of market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community
Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities
Provide operational support of existing datacenter and middleware technologies, e.g. servers, databases, backup / recovery.
Provide technical leadership to the design, development, testing and implementation of cloud solutions with Azure primarily and AWS to ensure consistent design across the enterprise.
Proactively identify new and emerging technology solutions to support business excellence
Incorporate existing enterprise technology standards, security and capabilities into solutions as applicable
1. Bachelors Degree, or Masters Degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
2. Certification in one of the following technologies preferred : Cloud, mobile, web application development, cloud-native application architecture (i.
e. containers, microservices, API management), modern software development techniques like DevOps and CI / CD tool chains (i.
e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure developer services, GitHub) and container orchestration systems (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, Azure Kubernetes Service, GitHub).
5+ years of experience in the following areas) :
Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution / projects.
Ability to orchestrate, leads, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects. Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management, Database administrators and Data Scientist)
Technical / Functional Skills :
1. Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management required
2. Experience and understanding of large-scale application portfolios in enterprise-wide environments (including migration of on-
premise workloads to the cloud) required
3. Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following :
a. Deep domain expertise of cloud infrastructure solutions (i.e. Windows and Linux IaaS, SAP, BCDR, Security, Management, Storage, Networking, OSS, containers and Infra as a code technologies) required
d. Web application server technologies, cloud application design, software architecture and practices; (design / development / deployment, Agile, SCRUM, ALM)
e. one or more of the following programming languages : C++, C#, Java, Node.js, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails, Pig / Hive
5. Experience using integrated development environments (e.g. Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Eclipse, XCode, WebSphere) targeting Android, iOS, Linux, Windows, public clouds (i.e. Azure, AWS) required
6. Experience with scalable architectures using Azure App Service, API management, serverless technologies, container orchestration (e.
g. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry etc.), API management, microservices frameworks etc.
7. Software development practices like DevOps and CI / CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure DevOps, GitHub). preferred
8. Competitive Landscape.
Knowledge of cloud development platforms preferred a. Partners. Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs preferred
Soft Skills :