This high-profile leadership role will lead the Creative Delivery Program across Design, Print, Digital and photography in Asia and Australia within Shell’s Pan-Asian region and will be a member of the Creative Solutions Asia leadership team and responsible for a small team to deliver our experiential aspirations within our region.
Our mission is to be the go-to-team’ for integrated content creation, sponsorship and experiential for the Shell Group by delivering superior creative solutions which help our Shell business partners to succeed in their brief objectives and their ROI (return on investment) aspirations of their briefs.
We strive for effective, clutter-smashing creativity in everything we do and have a passion for driving new and innovative developments in the disciplines we cover.
Creative Solutions is a dynamic team of 120+ communications professionals that sits within the Shell Brand Centre of Excellence.
We are an internal creative business, responsible for the creation of a wide range of creative assets and integrated campaign projects from the delivery of our iconic Make the Future festivals around the world to the production of world-class films, documentaries, experiential, digital, social and design work for a huge variety of Shell customers.
Manila will be a new location within the Creative Solutions (CS) network and will serve the APAC region. Other key locations already within CS exist near Shell’s core business hubs namely : Calgary, Houston, London, The Hague, Krakow, Qatar and soon a new satellite in Beijing linked to the KL office.
HOW WE DELIVER
Creative Solutions delivers work through a combination of in-house expertise and experienced communications project managers who deliver projects through a roster of curated agencies.
Our in-house offer includes :
All delivered with exemplary customer service and end to end delivery that wins and delivers on ROI (return on investment).
To achieve this sustainably, we need the best leadership talent that combines strong passion for people coaching and team development to create a truly winning team all with a creative eye for excellence.
As a Strategic Design Lead majoring in Design & Digital, you will provide leadership to a small team of junior design and digital project managers as well as managing the design portfolio within the Asian region.
This will include self-managing priority key projects and working closely with our disciplines within Creative Solutions to provide a best class output.
At the same time, coaching, mentoring and monitoring the workflow of the junior design and digital team is critical to a successful design proposition.
Design within Creative Solutions is a term that covers all creative communications channels where design is a crucial element, namely integrated campaigns including - Print, digital design, photography, and brand design artwork.
You will be responsible to work closely with the Global Discipline Lead for Design & Digital as the Asian lead counterpart and the execution of the design strategy in the region.
You will be responsible for design allocation within the team, end to end delivery, ROI and project close-out, seamless customer service and agency roster management and service standards.
In addition, you are expected to bring new learnings and fresh insights into the design domain to ensure Creative Solutions offerings remains best of class and at the forefront of customer choice.
This role will require high levels of senior stakeholder engagement, team management and development and will be a member of the Asian leadership team reporting to the Regional Manager based in Manila.
An understanding of the design and digital landscape across the region will be advantageous. The role will require numerous interfaces and therefore a strong team player mentality to ensure the sound planning, organizing and executing of these projects through a global agency roster.
You will work with the Account Managers and Delivery Manager to ensure process and financial alignment sharing success, learnings and driving collaboration where value can be created.
Strong financial skills, exceptional project and stakeholder management are bedrocks to success, a clear mindset around health and safety and return on investment are mandatory requirements.
WHAT’S EXPECTED OF YOU
Reports to Regional manager in APAC and dotted line to Global Discipline Lead and connect the global team as needs to follow global best practice in design
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS :
1. Ability to take a creative brief and transform it into something truly special that is the best the market can offer, at a competitive price.
2. Leadership attibutes with excellent problem-solving skills, analytical, and decision-making skills.
3. Inspiring, confident and motivational leader, adding gravitas to the Design team, who motivates, coaches, empowers Design studio team members to deliver great work.
4. Experience to deliver local and international integrated creative campaigns via multi channels with trained and proven expertise of creative content creation.
5. External creative agency management to ensure there is a compelling roster of agencies who can deliver high quality, creative and brand compliant communications for multiple channels.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS :
Key responsibilities :
1. To set up, lead and manage creative (Mac) Design team in KL to produce creative, high quality and cost effective communication materials globally
2. To manage Design studio members to keep the level of quality of talents by recruiting, upscaling and coaching design studio member to deliver great and creative works.
3. To manage the relationship with the design agencies in our roster from regional perspectives, as well as identifying and onboarding new agencies as necessary.
4. Day-to-day management of the in-house Design team in SBO KL in line with business growth. Supporting briefs not only for Asia but for other regions.
5. To influence projects , providing in-depth knowledge of the latest trends and innovations
6. Providing leadership and coaching to the Creative Solutions Project Managers and members of the Design Studio and influence projects rather than managing to raise the bar of the quality and creativity of outcomes
7. You will proactively seek opportunities for standardizing, streamlining and repurposing assets to drive cost effectiveness
8. Sourcing, Contracting and evaluating agencies to agreed service standards
Start Something Remarkable
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Manila is focused on driving excellent corporate performance in Finance, Human Resource, Customer Service, Order-to-Delivery, and Contracting and Procurement.
We enable Shell to operate in a global-competitive and ever-changing business environment.
A career in Shell will offer you remarkable opportunities for growth, true experience across different business areas and the tools you need to discover and develop your skills within the energy industry.
We’re looking for qualified individuals with the drive to create significant business impact, as well as to collaborate with a team of professionals with diverse backgrounds.
If you are a great team player, possess superior communication skills and problem solving abilities, join us and see the impact that you can make across our global business.
Please note : We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch / Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell.
Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.