Under the supervision of the Vice President for the Professional Schools, the APS Registrar streamlines and harmonizes operations among the four professional schools Registrar’s Offices : (1) maintaining the integrity and preservation of all student records (grades, citations, etc.
and scholastic documents (transcripts, transfer credentials, etc.), (2) serving as resource person for the Ateneo Professional Schools (APS) community for administrative policies and procedures especially those connected to registration, (3) conceptualizing and implementing reforms for the aforementioned policies and procedures, (4) ensuring that once procedures are reformed, the same are automated, and (5) liaising with Deans and academic heads of the four schools.
2. Supervises Assistant Registrars with a. Documents processing and preservation
b. Student records keeping
d. Foreign student coordination
e. Liaison with external clients such as the Commission on Higher Education (CHED), Bureau of Immigration (BI), Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), Legal Education board (LEB), accreditation agencies, employers, schools, and so on
4. Partners with the University Information Technology Resource Management Office (ITRMO) and the Professional Schools IT service provider Ellucian regarding the : a.
Automation of academic processes
b. Reengineering administrative processes before these are computerized
c. Facilitating stakeholder compliance with correct administrative processes pertaining to grades submission, implementation of hold orders, promotion, dismissal, etc.
B. Principal Challenges
2. Training and managing a team of assistant registrars that is responsive to the demands of its clients while also able to implement sound administrative regulation and needed reforms in registrar’s processes.
3. Wherever possible, integrating and standardizing procedures and standards that govern the academic operations of the four professional schools registrar’s offices
A. Direction-Setting / Implementation
4. Collaborates with ITRMO to facilitate the computerization and integration of all registrar and registrar-related functions of the professional schools
B. Administrative Function
5. Performs other duties and tasks as the Vice President for the Professional Schools deems necessary to support office business objectives.
C. Document Management
2. Preservation and disaster recovery a. Develops and updates a disposal schedule of documents maintained and generated by the offices of the registrar in consultation with the Deans
b. Engages microfilming and digitization providers to back up essential files
c. Engages an offsite storage facility where essential but non-current files are kept
D. Record Keeping
2. Approves, disapproves, and / or endorses to proper authorities requests, letters, notices, and other outputs such as (but not limited to) : a.
Requests for substitution of subjects
b. Requests for transfer of credits
c. Cross-enrolment permits
d. Change schedule requests
c. Ensuring accuracy and release of various reports to different departments / offices (e.g. : enrollment reports, Supreme Court Documents etc.
4. Maintains overall management of student evaluation and progression processes
5. Coordinates with the University Data Protection Officer to ensure that data student data are shared appropriately in compliance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012
E. Curriculum Development and Processing
5. Coordinates with the appropriate Curriculum Director regarding minor curriculum revision, new subject offerings and ensures proper dissemination, encoding and implementation.
F. Registration Process
3. Decentralizes functions controlled by other administrative offices (accounting, library, student affairs) while allowing them to implement necessary administrative orders (holds, probation, etc.
6. Coordinates with administrative offices such as Facilities Management to ensure that infrastructure of the professional schools registrars offices (hardware, software, servers, etc.
7. Strategizes on methods to automate manual processes while ensuring that standards of integrity of information, confidentiality, and convenience are maintained.
G. Student Management
3. Ensures that all enrolled students of the professional schools have complete credentials (Transfer credentials, birth certificates, visas, etc) which legally allow them to partake of an Ateneo education.
A. Qualifications :
1. A post graduate degree connected to any of the fields of expertise at the Professional Schools (MBA, MD, JD, MPM)
2. Minimum 3 years work experience in a supervisory or managerial capacity; work experience in the academe an advantage.
3. Previous work experience in a registrar’s office an advantage.
B. Competencies : 1. Skills
d. Decision making
e. Communication (written and oral)
c. Openness to innovation
d. Consultation / collaboration