About Us :
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive.
Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary :
Responsible for providing high quality legal services to the GE Healthcare business in ASEAN with main focus on Philippines and Thailand .
The role holder plays a critical role in helping the business identify, manage and mitigate various legal, compliance, regulatory and reputational risks.
He / she provides legal support and advice to the business on a variety of commercial, operational, compliance, controllership, regulatory, governance, execution, strategic and risk issues in the region.
Essential Responsibilities :
The role shall also provides contract drafting, negotiation and legal support on international and domestic sales, services, distribution and other commercial agreements.
Acting as a strategic business partner, this individual will provide advice to the business on observed opportunities, strategic direction and tactical matters.
1. Work with the business team as a business partner to identify opportunities to drive business forward, e.g. working with business development in the conclusion of sales, services, distribution and other commercial agreements
2. Advising the business on deal structure, risks, implementation, dealership, regulatory, privacy, antitrust and advertising / promotional matters, among others
3. Providing regulatory, compliance and investigation advice- in conjunction with the Regulatory and Compliance specialist areas in GE Healthcare
4. Managing outside counsel, when brought in to assist
5. Managing / supporting the management of disputes and litigation
6. Generally applying combined business and legal judgment to proposed deals, relationships and other issues requiring legal or compliance attention.
Qualifications / Requirements :
1. Excellent academic background with a Law Degree from a reputable university / institution and should be qualified in Philippines, Thailand or Malaysia or a common law jurisdiction with around 7-
8 years post-qualification experience.
2. Worked in the ASEAN region for at least 5 years with in depth experience of business law gained at international law firms / top tier local law firms or corporate legal department.
Key skills including but not limited to drafting, negotiating and closing complex commercial agreements in a regulated environment (i.
e. purchase, sale and distribution agreements).
3. Must have excellent communication, negotiation and team support skills and with a mature mindset to advise the business team and effectively work with senior management team.
4. Demonstrated experience identifying and resolving legal issues quickly and effectively and ability to make on the spot risk calls.
5. Demonstrated experience prioritizing conflicting demands from multiple business clients in an extremely fast-paced environment.
6. High level of energy; dynamic; multi-task and prioritize work, creative, proactive, accountable, responsible attitude, results-oriented thinker.
7. Fluent in both written and spoken English, and language skills in another language in the ASEAN region would be an advantage.
Desired Characteristics :
1. Experience of the Healthcare industry and previous exposure to medical industry regulations (FDA, Medicare / Medicaid anti-kickback)
2. Demonstrated experience providing legal advice in a highly regulated environment
Locations : Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand; Bangkok, Manila and KL